- Who We Are
- Go Deeper
- September News
Uganda Mission Trip of Scotty Yuen
Dear Friends & Family and Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
I am reaching out to you because I am grateful and blessed to be part of your lives. Over the past few years, God has been opening doors (and my eyes) which has encouraged me to leave my “comfort-zone” for Him. I want to share with you what the Lord has put upon my heart:
for “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” ~ Romans 10:13-15
I have been called to serve in Uganda from September 28th to October 8th of this year. along with a team of 6-8 volunteers we will be going across the world to the village of Rukungiri, Uganda to participate in the North Kigezi Diocese’s Youth Conference. This will be my 1st trip to Uganda. As frightening as that may be, I am excited to see how God uses our team to help make a difference in the lives of the children there. Listed below are some of the many ways we will be showing and sharing the love of Jesus Christ with Uganda’s youth, as well as how YOU can help make it all possible. We hope to impact as well as to be impacted by this journey together. I invite you to be a part of this amazing ministry work the Lord has called our team to do.
Here are some of the many ways we will be showing and sharing the love of Christ:
- North Kigezi Diocese Youth Conference Oct 1-4 – We will meet and interact with 8,000-10,000+ children ages 4-18 over a four day period. We will minister to them, give testimony, lead them in worship, pray a blessing over them and invite the to accept Jesus into their hearts as their personal Lord and Savior. This year’s conference theme is Mark 1:17 ~ “And I shall make you fishers of men if you follow Me.” The sermons and testimonies will be centered around this verse. We will divide into 3 teams so we can serve 3 locations each day for 4 days (12 churches total). Most of the children we serve are in the “4/14 Window” which is the age when a great number of people accept Christ as their Savior. This work cannot be underestimated. It means more than we can imagine to these children that they would have a special conference and guest speakers from around the world just for them. It empowers and uplifts them, gives them hope and inspiration. This conference is a tangible example that they matter to God. Children of Uganda are the “least of these” spoken of by Jesus in Matthew 25:40 ”I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” We cannot fathom how hard their daily lives must be. After the conference, the Sunday School Teachers will follow up with the children and continue to nurture their spiritual growth. Reverend Enoch is our Pastor partner in Uganda. In addition to overseeing the children’s ministry for 30,000 youth, he is leading and organizing the youth conference. Thousands of children have already accepted Christ or rededicated their lives through these conferences over the past 4 years. At the last conference the team ministered at, about 60% of the children of the 6,000+ indicated that they had made a decision for Christ.
- Worship Conference on Prayer Mountain Oct 5th – (Prayer Mountain in and of itself is a crazy story!) This will be the first ever worship conference held for the North Kigezi Diocese. We will be lead by our worship director who will speak on the spiritual role of the worship leader and will talk about what the Bible has to say about worship. Speakers from the US and Uganda will share about leading the congregation in worshiping our Lord and Savior. There will be a time of worship together. Guitars will be donated to selected worship leaders at the end of the day.
- The North Kigezi Diocese Partnership – We will share in times of fellowship with our church partners in Uganda, most especially Reverend Enoch, Bishop Patrick, and the North Kigezi Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Mosaic Vision & Compassion International Sponsored Child Visits – Travelers with sponsored children through Mosaic Vision and Compassion International will have time to visit with their child or a friend/family member’s child. We may even have time to visit some of the Mosaic Vision double orphans in their homes and pray with them. These children have not only lost their parents but have no surviving relatives, leaving them no choice but to raise themselves in child headed homes. Mosaic Vision has come into their lives and made sure they have the necessities, education, spiritual foundation, medical attention, counseling and the parental figures they need to become future leaders in their community.
- Music/Guitar Ministry – We will donate the acoustic guitars we use to lead worship with, to a youth group leader, worship leader or youth minister who has been gifted musically. The acoustic guitar is especially useful because there isn’t any electricity available in many of the churches. A guitar is light and travels well. Music is a huge part of their culture. The guitars will be donated at the worship conference on Prayer Mountain on Oct 5th. 5 guitars have previously been donated through this ministry.
- Radio Ministry – In the past a member from the team has been invited to speak on Radio Rukungiri 96.9 FM to give their sermon and testimony to a listening audience of 6 Million that reaches the countries of Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and The Congo. We are awaiting confirmation to see if we will be participating in this ministry this year.
- None of this crucial work can be accomplished without the love and support that our friends and families give us. It is an honor and a privilege to be called to serve and bring hope to those who have none. The Bible says we are all of one body but have many parts, I feel led to go in the field and do the physical part but by financially supporting me, your sacrifice is equally as important! Without you, this trip will not be possible. Thank you for letting me share this journey with you! May God richly bless you!
How You Can Help:
- Financially – Sponsor me to minister in Uganda
- Participate in the Fundraising
- Donate an acoustic guitar or hard-shell travel case
- Moral Support
Comments are closed.